Vehicle Wrap: MPTC’s ambulance at the Fond du Lac Campus
Flyway Signs had another unique job this past week. We were out at Moraine Park Technical College in Fond du Lac, WI installing a vinyl wrap on the ambulance in their Emergency Medical Services Lab. This fully functional and stocked ambulance gives students hands-on training that can’t be found in a textbook.
The design was created by MPTC’s marketing team, then converted to a vehicle wrap by our graphic designer. The various doors, windows, lights and compartments were a unique challenge for printing and installing this wrap. Careful planning of the printed panels and close attention to detail in the installation resulted in a fantastic outcome!
Media used: 3M 1080-C wrap vinyl with gloss laminate
Here are some pictures of the process:
Just getting started
One side done!
Photo courtesy of Mercury Marine
The Mercury Museum opens TODAY!
The museum is a wonderful celebration of Mercury’s presence in the Fond du Lac community.
The Flyway Team has been busy helping Mercury customize the new space, inside and out. We are excited to see everything come together!
To find out more about Mercury Museum click here.
Mercury Marine Museum Hours
Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Here are some pictures of what we have done at the museum:
Install of the “Welcome Wall”
- The “Welcome Wall” graphics are cut and printed from a super aggressive vinyl that we use to adhere to an atypical surface like the finish on this wall.
- This exterior sign was laser cut from a light weight rigid plastic material. The letters and logo were cut from a separate piece of material then mounted to the outer piece to give it a dimensional look. Metallic silver vinyl finishes off the look.
- The interior sign, like the exterior, was also cut from the rigid plastic material. The logo and lettering were cut from metallic silver and matte black vinyl.
Other projects completed for the museum by our team include:
- Plaques to identify memorabilia
- Frosted window graphics on entry
- Metallic graphics of the Mercury Museum seal for display boxes
- Circular scene graphics for bubble windows
Our installation team was out bearing the cold at First Presbyterian Church in downtown Fond du Lac earlier this month, adding a custom 12′ reverse LED illuminated cross to the steeple.
This was not a typical project here at Flyway Signs but it shows off our fabrication skills.
To make the cross, aluminum was cut down, formed and welded into shape and then painted. There are 180 white LED lights in the cross. Most illuminated signs you see in town have less than 100 LEDs, so this cross will definitely light up the night sky!
I think you will agree that the cross adds a lot of character to the church as compared to with the old steeple. Here’s a before picture to see the difference it has made and some pictures of the installation process.
Mahoney’s Restaurant & Bar is a local favorite in Oshkosh. They have earned a loyal following thanks to their comfort food and cocktails (two things every Wisconsinite loves), but they keep the menu fresh by adding a modern twist to otherwise traditional dishes.
You will find Mahoney’s at the top of the list on TripAdvisor, and the Flyway team was thrilled to partner with them when they moved into their new location at the end of 2013. To transform the main entrance of the building, we combined a few different signage elements to complete the finished look.
- Custom LED channel cabinet featuring the Mahoney’s “M” logo
- Remote mounted LED channel letters (Mahoney’s)
- Secondary LED channel cabinet (Restaurant and Bar)
Main Entrance Signage
We also installed a smaller LED logo cabinet featuring the “M” above the patio/party room area. The Mahoney’s “M”, also featured on many of the windows and doors, are digitally printed vinyl graphics.
Patio/Party Room Signage
But we didn’t stop at the exterior. Flyway also helped customize the interior of the restaurant with vinyl graphics above the bar and bathroom signage.
If you haven’t experienced Mahoney’s yet, it is well worth a visit. On that note, Flyway will be giving away a $20 gift card on Valentine’s day. Click here to enter now!